Friday, April 8, 2011

The Chinese Beggar


Last April 6, 2011, my bestfriend (Ma. Hanzel Sy Ranit) and I went to U.E. Caloocan. She inquired something there and we went out. I don’t know why but I brought my camera that day with me, not thinking of any reason I just kept it inside my bag. While passing through Samson Road (Hanzel decided that we should walk instead of taking a jeep)
While we had our chit chat, we’ve noticed people surrounding something, we tried to approach then we saw a Chinese beggar, having a drum on top of his head and white cartolina that tells something.

 Both of us looked at each other and read what his cartolina says:

I brought above $ 40M to phil. but I almost was killed two times. I’m a Chinese (refugee), announce my government expoilt its people. Then I had to leave china. but in phil. my government and its phil partner (1) blockes me. I cannot get help; (2) have been trying to kill me by poisonous drugs. electromagnet wave. “gong fu”.”devil”, cellphone accidents etc. then (3) I don’t have safe (rice, water, medicine, room, pace to stay). (4) I can’t contact international as general . (5) I don’t know language of phil. my English is very bad. (6) I’m alone in phil. Pls help one peso!

I elected president for phil. but I have to beg still. (1) I have to wear the drum to sleep then china government put poisonous drugs into my drum to poison me everyday(night). My feet and legs swelled still on Apr 5, 3, and 4. (2) two men (wore red shirt and blue shirt)openly  put poisonous drugs into air to poison me (some Chinese characters I can’t understand) a boat (another Chinese characters he included that maybe he can’t express to English) put a poisonous drugs into air to poison me. Direction of wind changed. It left when I stayed at seaside on Apr 4. (3) when I fetched water I watched on Maceda Aug Manila on Apr 5, China government put poisonous drug into air to poison me. I dizzled.

I was so shocked about what it says, I mean was he some kind of a “big personality” in his country (China) that even the Chinese Government even bothers to poison him again and again just to stop him from saying what the truths were. Looking at his letter, I noticed that he had wrong spellings and grammars but this was not the point, the point was, he tried his best to announce to the public what had happened to him. I think there were some sentences or phrases that he can’t express to English that’s why he wrote them according to his own language.

What will the China government say to this? Does the letter says the truth or not? We had Chinese embassy here and what are they doing?

Some of my friends told us that this was maybe a prank to collect money or maybe a syndicate. If this was a syndicate, why does Chinese government let this happen and even, why does the Philippine government let this happen to his citizen? Maybe this Chinese was not a Filipino but still, he was inside the Philippine territory and so, it was the responsibility of the government to protect its people.

I felt pity to the Chinese beggar looking at his situation. One thing came into my mind, what if one of our kababayan was in his situation, begging alms abroad, and nothing to eat? We, as people of this country should do something to help this kind of people.
After we read, and took some of his pictures, I gave twenty pesos to him, then I smiled when he said in simple words “Ah, Thank you!.”


i submitted this article to ABS-CBN's IReport. Hopefully they'll recognize it!

yours, DENN★LEVY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Denn Levy wants to hear a word from you.